It Happened

Joes jeans, Madewell sandals, Madewell tee (I now own in 5 colors...It's that perfect)  Nena and Co bag, Free People hat

 Last week I had my car broken into...They took an overnight bag full of a whole slew of my treasures. Obviously it's just "stuff" but I felt quite violated and sad to see some of my favorite pieces go. I also felt sad to think they just got away with it too. The reason I bring it up though...These will be the last photos you'll see my cute sandals and all the jewelry I'm wearing...My everyday rings I always wore including one I kept from my grandma because unfortunately they were all in my bag. Lesson learned. Don't leave a bag in plain view in your car. Even if it's in the middle of the day. Sad you can't trust anyone anymore it seems. The world is a wicked place. As much as it all meant to me, they were probably disappointed by the lack of $$ that they probably hoped to find. I have beat myself up about it a lot the past week but am finally wrapping my head around the fact that 1-it happened and 2-theres nothing I can do about it now except just let it go. 

 Thanks to Samantha Broderick Photography for the lovely photos. If you're in the Salt Lake area you need to contact her. She is an incredibly talented lifestyle photographer I can't say enough good things about. This is my 4th session with her (see THIS POST, THIS ONE, and also OUR FIRST ONE HERE.) I am so grateful for her sweet spirit and I look forward to continue to work with her.


Beijos!!

Comments

  1. so sorry about the break in-- so sad and scary. if i were you, i'd treat myself to some new sandals :)

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, Brandi!! I loved those rings and these sandals are awesome. :( know you, you'll be able to find something very similar. But I know it's not the same. Hoping you feel better! I love this look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't wait until I stop caring so much. and thanks! You're the sweetest as always.

      Delete
  3. those sandals are on sale for like $12 on the madewell website right now (thats with the extra 40% off sale items!). I just bought them in store in brown for superrrr cheap:) so sorry about the break in! Thats no fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After it happened I immedately went on Madewell's website to repurchase the sandals but they were already out of my size in the black. I got the brown but was definitely sad the black were out. Dang it! Thanks for the info though friend. Hope you're doing well

      Delete
  4. being robbed is so awful and violating - a feeling of loss where you couldn't control it. so sorry, things that have sentimental value aren't easily replaced, but you're right in that those are just materials objects - though they carry memories and value, so does our heart! you've got a great one of those, that can never be stolen! keep your chin up, dear! big hugs your way

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. My car was just broken into too! They didnt take anything...because I didnt have anything for them to take. It was just upsetting and insanely annoying. ...My poor car is at the auto body place for a new passenger window as we speak. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're smart to leave your car empty. I have kicked myself so many times the last week for leaving that bag out. I'm sorry yours was broken into! I am so mad at those people and their stupidity!!

      Delete
  6. Being robbed is a horrible thing, and you're right the world is pretty wicked. Maybe they needed it, maybe not. In the end it helps you appreciate the things you work hard to have, and the wonderful friendships of those around you, many whom show love and appreciation for the constant addition of sunshine you and this blog add into our daily lives. It's hard to just not care about the "stuff" but at the end of the day, the "stuff" that matters most are those people around you we call friends and the care, love, kindness and support we give one another. Such a small gesture goes a long way, and your efforts here on this blog or on your shop or other IG accounts do not go unnoticed. I am thankful for you. And hey, a robbed bag may give you a funny video and a love confession that you never would have gotten ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You just made my day! Let me know if you're a new visitor or a new follower...I'd love to check out your blog! Hey, and I also speak Portuguese and a little Spanish! Beijos!!