$27 Walmart Jeans + All my Thoughts

The past week, I've been reviewing a pair of denim from WALMART and thought I'd collect my thoughts here!

 I bought a pair of denim from Walmart for $27 and wanted to give a true blue review to see how they wore and if they were at all worth it. I was intrigued by them because they use Organic Cotton/Recycled Polyester on their new brand, Free Assembly, and it's all very affordable! They claim on their website "Premium denim that's committed to sustainability, without the premium price tag." I am going to give my honest opinions, maybe more than anyone could have asked for...or didn't ask for. haha. But sometimes its nice to hear exactly why or why not someone liked or disliked something. Before I start, if you decide you'd like to purchase these jeans, please do so through my link! It gives me a small kickback. I know some prefer going to the store to purchase. If you are that person, order online and do in store pickup! That way it still gives credit to me. Thank you!

Ill link them at the bottom of this post.

Here we go!

^^This photo was the first time I had tried them on.

The jeans I am reviewing are the Free Assembly 90's Straight jeans in the Medium Indigo Wash. In my experience with denim, no color is the same with fit and wear, so I can only vouch for the Medium Indigo in this style. They were the only pair that caught my eye. 


First impressions: The denim color is perfect. They look like what they're named....A 90's, perfect pair of jeans. The denim also feels really nice. Not super thin but not thick and stiff.  The hardware is a matte silver color and to me looks cheap. Its a very thin metal, but what can you expect from $27 jeans? You know they have to cut corners in some things. I ordered two sizes and was surprised that I had to go with the larger size that still even felt a little tight. I am glad I didn't go with an even bigger size though because they did "give" (not stretch out) over the week that I wore them daily. Initially,  I did wish they were higher waisted. But that feeling changed over my week of wearing them. I'll address that in a little bit. Overall, my first impression was that I was shocked I liked them and had to see how they'd wear with my daily grind. Here are my thoughts from the week of wearing them....

On Walmarts website, they claim this about these jeans: "holds you in and holds up, too." This is important to me when it comes to denim. If you feel like you need to wash a pair of jeans cuz they're all stretched out, THEY'RE NOT GOOD JEANS! You shouldn't ever have to wash jeans. Gross, maybe? But its truth. And if you do wash your jeans, they should never go in the dryer. They shouldn't need it. They can hang dry and they'll soften up after wearing just a few minutes, I promise. 

In my week of wearing these, I never ONCE had to pull these jeans up from them stretching out or falling down. (slow hand clap..) As I mentioned, they did form to my shape really well so they didn't feel too tight anymore...But they didn't stretch OUT to the point I was pulling them up or hating how they looked. I found them to be a very comfortable jean for all my daily tasks. This past week I drove an hour each way to go to an Estate Sale and thrift stores, I wore them at home tending to my baby, I wore them out to a restaurant and filled myself to the brim with food (never feeling like I needed to let out a button...) 

Lets talk about the rise. Like I said, I initially wished they were higher rise. I have a very long torso, so most high rise jeans, have been more like mid-rise on me. Always. I have loved the extra high rise styles that some brands have come out with cuz they actually look like a high rise. But....I am 6 months postpartum and with that, I have a belly. I've found that a high high rise denim I usually liked, that fit around the small of my waist, really accentuates the pooch. This pair cuts across that pooch so it hides it well and really makes my stomach look flatter! I'll take that!

I already addressed one thing I didn't like about them...the silver hardware. Mostly just the button closure. The second thing I don't love about them/wish I could change, are the back pockets. I do wish the pockets were a tad bigger. They do give me a bit of a mom butt...haha. Not bad enough that I won't wear these, but the pockets could be better for a more flattering look.

^^This photo is day 7 of wearing these jeans.

The denim quality is very very good for a $27 jean. They're 99% organic cotton with 1% elastane. Better just imagine them being 100% cotton jeans cuz they have no stretch. Just enough give.  If you look at my day 7 photo, you can see that the knees bagged out a little too BUTTTT I do tuck my feet up a lot when I sit on the couch, and I wore these often at home over the past week. 

I am not someone to suggest going out and just buying cheap denim...Even if you're just looking for an in-between jean. I'd rather go hunt secondhand for a nice quality brand of denim than waste money on a cheap pair. I want a pair of jeans that will last me years. I think this pair has potential. I am going to continue to wear them. They are comfortable for my postpartum body and I do feel good in them! I would give them a 8/10 so far. I like them enough, I plan to bring them on our trip to the South in a month! I need to pack light so I'll probably bring one pair of jeans and this will be the pair I bring. I have to say, I am still surprised by these jeans and do highly recommend them. Keep in mind my dislikes about them, if those are important things to you. But, I highly suggest every single person buy a pair and try them for yourself! This style may not be for everyone! It's better to try them on your body and see. Hopefully my thoughts help. Let me know if you end up buying them and what your thoughts are on them! 


Click HERE to go purchase a pair! Reach out if you have any questions!


Beijos.

Comments