Old Navy Basic Staples Haul//Summer Edition

I recently went into Old Navy because, lets face it, we live in a town with very little shopping, so besides TJMaxx, Old Navy is the only store that I remotely like to shop at. I browsed around for a bit and ended up finding a few really cute pieces! All of which are basic, minimal pieces that can literally be worn with everything currently and even layered up when the colder seasons are upon us. I am a neutral girl, specifically creams and whites, so if these pieces bore you, don't scroll past too quick because many of them have several other color options!! 

There are ELEVEN pieces (wish it was an even number haha...but oh well! Can't leave anything out!) I'm going to share, all of which mix and match so so well together. I could literally create more outfits than I could think of with these pieces just all together. I am all about how a material feels and can pretty much predict how it will be after I wash it, so I will say, I personally give a thumbs up to quality, fabric, and fit on every single one of these pieces.  I am 5'9 for try on reference and a size medium/6 in most everything!
I will leave my thoughts under each item as well as a link! If you decide you want to purchase something, if you use my link it is much appreciated. I do make a small commission off of your purchase through the link. I am your own personal shopper letting you know size and fit and quality. It's a win win hehe. xoxo
I picked out a few of my current favorite pairs of shoes to style up with the Old Navy pieces. I will leave links to all of them at the very end!

Linen Blend Boyfriend Tee//It is slightly see through but the v-neck for me makes it ok. You could easily wear a nude bra or a cami underneath. It has the perfect drape and I love its slouchy, slightly oversized fit! I am wearing my true size medium. It comes in 4 different colors!

French-Terry Lounge Joggers//These are INCREDIBLY comfortable!! I love the little, minimal twist with adding a cream tie at waist. It makes them more interesting. I am wearing my true size medium. 
 Next pieces, starting with the SAME Linen Blend Boyfriend Tee...Too good. Added with these Tencel Cropped Pants and this Open Front Cardigan.

Tencel Cropped Pants//I LOVE the fit of these. They're a glorified sweatpant, which is something I have been looking for. Something that is just as comfortable as sweat pants but definitely gives a more put together look. I love the elastic waist, they have pockets, and they're so soft. Tencel is a great, lightweight fabric. I am wearing my true size medium. They're generous but I wanted them to fit that way so if you at all want a more fitted look, I would size down. 

Open Front Cardigan//Obsessed with everything about this cardigan. I love the longer sleeve length but the more fitted look. It's perfectly slouchy and so so soft. I am a neutral girl and LOVE a good oatmeal colored cardigan but there are 6 other great colors if you wanted something more than just tan! I am wearing my true size medium and it's a perfect fit! 
 Same Linen Blend Boyfriend Tee, have I convinced you yet that one is a for sure must have? hehe...Paired with moss green Linen Blend Pants and cream Utility Jacket.

Linen Blend Pants//I initially ALMOST got the beige color in these but then decided to branch out from my usual hahaha. These are just as much a neutral green that can go with EVERYTHING! These are another glorified sweatpant. They have such a classic look but are extremely comfy! Elastic waist which also ties and they have pockets. Slightly cropped on my 5'9 frame. I am wearing my true size medium. They're slightly generous in size but I like the fit that way. There are 4 other color options in these!! 

Cream Utility Jacket//This jacket is the whole reason I went into Old Navy in the first place! I tried it on several weeks ago but went in promising myself I wouldn't buy anything. I hate impulse shopping! I am trying to be better about buying things after thinking about it and how many ways I could wear it. I thought about this jacket for several weeks and still knew I wanted it. It is such good quality for the price!!! It's a timeless piece that will NEVER go out of style. I love the swing detail in the back which makes it unique and flattering. I am wearing my true size medium. Fits perfect!
Same Linen Blend Pant (I imagine these would be so so cute with an ankle boot in the Fall!) paired with a Linen Blend Button-Front Blouse

Linen Blend Button-Front Blouse//This top is AMAZING. It is such good quality and has a gorgeous, easy fit. I am wearing a size small so it does run slightly large. I usually wouldn't mind it that way but did like the small better on me! Only a little see through but not enough to need anything under it.
 Can you tell I love linen? It is the best fabric and it sustains really really well! Linen Blend Tunic Buttondown paired with Linen Blend wide leg pants.

Linen Blend Tunic Buttondown//I can't say enough good things about this top. It has a beautiful drape and the fabric is soft. I sized up to a large for an extra slouchy fit, but I do feel it runs true to size. This is a MUST from my list. It's classic and so so so affordable. 

Linen Blend wide leg pants//Like I said, I've been looking to better alternatives to sweatpants. Pants that are comfortable for hanging out at home but also are acceptable and cute when going to run errands. These are no exception. They're so incredibly comfy. They have an elastic waist and pockets. I stuck to my safe color. They're very summer appropriate! I am wearing my true size medium and this is the color FEATHER. There are 4 other awesome neutral colors. Black would be so cute transitioning into Fall! Also, I did get the tall length and would highly recommend that to anyone who is 5'9 or taller.
 Same Linen Blend Pants paired with this Smock Neck Blouse.

Smock Neck Blouse//I LOVE this top. It's a beautiful creamy color. It is a gauzy cotton material. It isn't see through which is a plus. It has a beautiful look even though it's simple. It could be worn as I am wearing it or off the shoulders. I am wearing my true size medium. 
 Last the best! Had to throw an all in one outfit in the mix! Chambray Dress.

Chambray Dress//This dress is my favorite piece of the whole lot. It is the perfect, lightweight piece and the denim is such good quality. Soft yet sturdy and completely opaque. I initially tried it on in the store but the regular length was too short for me. So I ended up ordering it online one size up in the Large and then did the Tall length in hopes that the length would be sufficient. (I am LDS and wear under garments that go almost to my knees so I can't go any shorter than this dress does.) It ended up being the PERFECT length and even better it goes longer in the back so if or when I bend over, that doesn't risk showing my garments! If you get only one item of all the items I shared, this is it. It is a transitional piece that can go through every season. Layer in the Fall and Winter and easy peasy by itself in Spring and Summer! I am wearing the Large/Tall like I said but do feel it is a true to size piece. I just went up in size to help with length.
Can you see what I mean about how you could mix and match ALL of these pieces so well? This could easily be a capsule wardrobe in and of itself haha. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

 I would also love your feedback on what your favorite pieces or looks were! And I would especially love to know if you decided to purchase anything!

As promised, here are links to my shoes:

Hope you enjoyed this post! Thanks so much for your continued support.

Beijos!!

Comments