My Top 10 Must Have Skin Care Products

This post has been something I've wanted to do for a few months now, mostly because I want to shout through to the roof and to the mountains about these products I am loving. I have been using almost all of these for a year now. I feel at this point, that is a great amount of time to know how well a product is working! All of these products are all natural which makes me so happy for my skin. 
So lets start with nightly routine:
 If you've been following me for a while, you'll know my abiding love for Mad Hippie products. I have been using their amazing products since this time last year and my skin has never been better. It is so gentle and does what it says it will. It is all things good. I have suffered with dry skin for so many years and since using these products, even during the coldest and driest months of the year, my skin has been nourished and absolutely no dryness. It can be a little on the pricy side but let me tell you this: 1-It's worth the investment for your skin. 2-A little goes a long way. I would start with these three products. They're my absolute favorite. 

Every night I use this system and then in the morning I just rinse my face and put my makeup on. I don't feel the need to wash my face twice a day and doing this makes my products last even longer. 

Besides my face which used to get really dry, my hands are another problem area. I live in the North Western desert which especially gets dry in the winter. I got this Camille Beckman Persian Rosewater hand cream last year and it is HEAVEN for my hands. I put this on every single night before I go to sleep and my hands and most of all my cuticles (which I struggle soooo much with) look and feel the best they have ever felt when I get up. It is a must must must have. I really want to try a few of her other products because of how much I truly love this hand cream.
There are two products I use not every night but 1-2 times a week before I go to bed which I wanted to include in nightly routine: 

First is this Coconut face mask from Skin Food. I LOVE IT! I've actually only used this one for about a month but it was totally worth sharing about. It is gentle but moisturizes oh so nicely. It is one that stays on all night and you never rinse off. I like the idea of that because your skin just soaks up it's goodness.
The second one I use a couple times a week is this Mad Hippie Antioxidant Face Oil. I don't really need it because my skin hasn't been dry at all, but I find it just feels so good to get these good nutrients in my skin. This one you'll literally buy once because you'll use it so sparingly. I still have the same bottle from a year ago.
Ok, so lets talk "just out of the shower". There are two products I use religiously.

First is, yet again, another amazing Mad Hippie product, their Hydrating Nutrient Mist. I use this on my neck, chest, and arms! It helps with minimizing the appearance of photodamage (aka sun exposure....ugggh don't get me started.) It makes my skin feel so soft and supple. I just spray it a few times then rub it in. Again, this bottle I've had for MONTHS and haven't needed a replacement yet!
Next "out of the shower" product I LOVE is this Lalicious THE OIL product. I will link the travel size so you can try it out and see what you think! That is what I initially did and after a few weeks knew I needed this in my regular routine. It smells DIVINE and it is soooo moisturizing!! I put it all over my body AND in the ends of my hair. It's literally my favorite body/hair oil I have ever tried. I also love that it is a hair/skin duo.
Lastly, my morning routine for my skin. First is this Mad Hippie face sunscreen!! I love this because it is light weight, doesn't make my face break out, and it works great as a morning face moisturizer to go on under my makeup. The fact that it's all natural can't be beat too. I don't use this everyday if I know I won't be going outside, but on days I do, it's perfect. This is another product I haven't had to buy a new bottle of yet. A little goes a long way.
Last on my list is this Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides powder. It is tasteless and odorless. I honestly mix it with a big glass of water and this is the first thing that goes into my stomach in the mornings. 
Now, why take collagen? Not only do we need to take care of our skin on the outside, but need to feed it from the inside as well. Collagen is a vital building block of our bodies including skin, hair, nails, bones, and joints. After a certain age, our bodies stop producing collagen so it's important to supplement it to help keep our bodies youthfulness as best we can. 

I love knowing that Vital Proteins products are sourced from grass fed, pasture-raised bovine hides to ensure a high quality source of this important nutrient.
There ya have it! My top ten must have skin care products. Let me know if you decide to try any of these out? 

I did link everything throughout this post but will do so below as well for easy access to each product:


xoxo

Comments