Vital Proteins

Lets talk Vital Protein......
First off... What is collagen and why is it important? Collagen is an important fibrous protein found in connective tissue. It's in our bones, joints, and major components of our skin. It is the most abundant protein in our body. The body's natural collagen production declines with age, especially after 30, so it is good to take some sort of collagen to help fill in those holes. That is were Vital Proteins comes in for me. 
Vital Proteins is completely transparent about where their product comes from. They're sourced from grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine hides in Brazil. You can read more details HERE.
Not sure where to start? Start with the Collagen Peptides. They're the most popular of Vital Proteins. They're odorless and tasteless so they're easy to incorporate into your daily routine. I got their stick packs which is easy to grab in the morning or take with you on the go. I've been taking their product for almost a month now and am so happy knowing it is benefiting me more than I could ever know.

As you can see I also have the Vanilla and Coconut Water and I blend that easily into my morning smoothies.
Lastly, as I researched collagen, I read that you should drink it first thing in the morning before you eat. It gives it a better chance to absorb into your body with an empty stomach. So it is literally the first thing I do when I wake up. I just mix mine with water. It's great because not only am I starting healthy with the collagen, but I'm also starting healthy with a big glass of water. Best way to start your day.

xoxo

Comments