Vernal Utah Roadtrip

I went down to Utah for work and decided to add a couple days and take an adventure with my cute friend Gentri. You don't have to go far to find cool places! We drove about 3 hours from Salt Lake City to Vernal, Utah. It was the perfect two day getaway to see some local gems!! We drove through Heber, Utah where we HAD to stop at the Dairy Keen. yes, Keen...Not to be confused with Dairy Queen. Burgers, fries and milkshakes. Or maybe chicken strips. Or grilled cheese. It's all good.
 I was sort of feeling all nostalgic on our way there. When I was young, we had a cabin in Fruitland, Utah which is on the way! So I saw many familiar land marks and found myself wishing I was a 10 year old girl again. 
 Despite the snow you see, we had really nice, warm weather. These spots were just a couple of places off the road we found beautiful.
 We made it to good ol' Vernal. Land of the Dinosaurs. Especially the cutest PINK dinosaur. To visit this dinosaur makes the whole trip worth it. hehe.
 We checked into our hotel Friday and just kinda had a lazy evening. Saturday we hit the road as early as I would allow. (I'm not a morning person.) First we headed up to Flaming Gorge. The drive was amazing!
 We stopped at a fly shop right by the gorge. Gentri and I both bought a souveneir sweatshirt. We need proof we actually went there DUH!! hehe. The guy even discounted them a ton! We will be back for more...You can count on it.
 After Flaming Gorge we hit the road to go visit Fantasy Canyon! Such an interesting and beautiful place. 
We planned to explore a couple of other places the next day but I got a little stomach bug. So homeward bound we went. But still enjoyed the fresh air and seeing new places. If you ever drive through Utah, take a little detour through Vernal! You won't regret it.

xoxo

Comments