3.15.2015

True Happiness

Photo credit: Travis J. Photography
I sure do love these pink mirrored Ray Ban sunnies from glasses.com. They're going to be my spring/summer go to without a doubt. I think they add a fun retro vibe to this little black number from Shabby Apple. They add a little zaz (I kinda made that word up) to a simple look. 
////////////////
Now...Since it's Sunday and because when I look at these pictures I just truly see my happy side. Let's have a little Sunday inspiration on why I truly am happy. It's no secret, only something I hope I can share with you so you can feel the same joy I feel in my life.

"The Savior of the world taught us to seek that inner peace which taps the innate happiness in our souls. He said: 'My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.'" -James E. Faust

Living the gospel of Jesus Christ is where I can find that inner peace. Where I can resist the temptations of the world and try to be my best self. I'm not saying I'm perfect. But I sure am happy for the opportunity daily I get to try. And I'm grateful to know where my pure joy comes from. 

The prophet Joseph Smith told us, “Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it; and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God” 

I'd like to reiterate that if we pursue the path that leads to happiness--which path is through virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping the commandments--We can enjoy the fruits it will bring. Which is joy beyond measure. Life won't be perfect. But we will attain a peace like no other.

(Read more of the talk by James E. Faust HERE. It's a good one.)

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute and simple outfit! Love the photos too!

    www.itgirlnextdoor.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! That blue wall and those sunglasses make me think of summer.
    And the Sunday inspiration is always appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous photos!!! love that blue wall!

    xx nikki
    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day! Let me know if you're a new visitor or a new follower...I'd love to check out your blog! Hey, and I also speak Portuguese and a little Spanish! Beijos!!