Say "I Love You" and Give Hugs

 Sunday Style//Tights are Old Navy but EVERYTHING else is thrifted.
Daniel Wellington watch, J.Crew bracelet
/////////////////////////////////////////////

I went and visited my grandparents today. I try to go at least once a week. I really enjoy their company. 
My grandma doesn't know who I am anymore. But she is still as sweet as ever. She will let me be that weirdo stranger that likes to give her hugs and tell her I love her. She always smiles when I do. Which makes me happy. 
Grandpa complimented my coat today. "Your coat is really nice. It looks warm." I thanked him of course, agreed politely, and smiled. I really do love it. I wasn't sure about the color but after wearing it think it's quite perfect.
So.. I always forcefully tell Grandpa I love him. "I LOVE YOU GRANDPA!" Most times I will repeat it 2 or 3 times as I give him a big hug or put my arms around him....He usually just says "thank you." or "ok..." Well today he told me he loved me back. "I love you too my dear. More than you will ever know."  May seem like no big deal but for me it meant a lot. I can't stop thinking about it actually. I know he loves me. I know he loves so many people but he doesn't ever ever say it. It's amazing what these simple words can mean to someone. It made me realize I need to say it more to those I love. And give hugs. Hugs are a wonderful thing.

 Here is an invitation for you to do the same. Go right now. Tell that special someone in your life "I LOVE YOU." Or the first person who comes to mind. Or the next person you see on the street. Also give them a big meaningful warm hug. No matter who they are, they need it.

Beijos!!

Comments

  1. Oh, I love this. Your grandma is beautiful and I'm sure on some level deep inside she knows how much you love her and who knows? Maybe it sparks a memory. You are just darling, and such a good granddaughter;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, your post brought tears to my eyes! So tender and beautiful, thank you so much for sharing those moments with us! You look beautiful and that coat really is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gentri. You're the sweetest for saying so.

      Delete
  3. awe that really brought a tear to my eye, I have my 3 year old son with me right now Reece, I gave him the biggest hug and his reaction was the cutest.. love you too mummy, reecey get big toy tomorrow:) haha got to laughxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw...Your comment made me smile so big. Thanks for following along friend and for sharing your moment with your son.

      Delete
  4. Thank you NIkki! I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness how I would love to meet your grandparents. So sad you can't be close to them! I definitely need to be better about not taking their closeness to me for granted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You just made my day! Let me know if you're a new visitor or a new follower...I'd love to check out your blog! Hey, and I also speak Portuguese and a little Spanish! Beijos!!