Extra 3 Mile Morning

7am.
That is my new summer running hours. 
I have a half marathon I signed up for in one month and I am no where near ready so.......
MWF with my friend Heather.
T/Th with my bestie McCall.

This morning I got up and drove over to Heathers house. She was waiting patiently for me outside, so I got out quickly anddddddd the minute my door closed I'm like "CRAP!" Locked my keys in the car. 
Rather than waste the morning, I knew I had a spare key SOMEWHERE ....so we went on our little run. She lives 3 miles away from where I live so when we were done, I decided to run home then when she sent her little boy off to school, she would come get me... I'm grateful for that extra mileage I wouldn't have run otherwise. Plus...I enjoyed all the scenery around me. Even though I live in quite an urban area, there are lots of pretty trees and flowers I was able to enjoy!
I've had a hard time getting motivated to run again so this andddd having a friend to run with helps me a lot...Thought I would share some photos I snapped! This might be a totally boring post butttt if you're needing ideas to get motivated to run, exercise, walk, or while just to get out of the house and be outside...This is perfect! Looking for beauty to photograph helps get my mind off of the fact that I may be struggling or wanting to fall over dead. Haha


I made it home safe and sound, found my key in a second, thanked the Lord, and eventually Heather came to pick me up. When we got back to her house, she took me on a little nature walk. My morning that could have been a total disaster was seriously the best morning. So grateful it went that way....


What helps you while you exercise? Have you been able to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather yet? 

Beijos!!

Comments

  1. love that you turned a potentially stressful situation into a pleasant one. i am going to try out the whole "morning running" thing next month! i'm scared haha

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it goes for you! It is so extremely hard for me. I'm a night owl but the morning is such a lovely time of the day!

      Delete
  2. Getting outside!!! I wish my running trails were as beautiful as this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny cuz this is all in the city!! I just would stop at random houses with pretty yards. And this trail is just right behind my friends house haha. I love little places like this in large cities!! Such gems...

      Delete

Post a Comment

You just made my day! Let me know if you're a new visitor or a new follower...I'd love to check out your blog! Hey, and I also speak Portuguese and a little Spanish! Beijos!!