Weekend Happenings

Sooo...How was your weekend? Mine went from being sick sick to feeling more normal and just really good. Like really really good. Like best day I've had in a long time good. 

 My parents were in town so we all met up for breakfast then headed to Grandpa and Grandma's house to enjoy the first session of General Conference for the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was just so enjoyable to hear lovely, spiritual, and motivating words of encouragement around people I love.

 Every so often I would glance over at these two and see Grandma pat Grandpa on the hand....Or just look over and smile at him. Or she would be looking at me and give me a little wink and a smile. What tender moments...

/////////////////////////////////////////////

After I headed to change clothes. A friend gave me three tickets to the conference center. So I parked my car at the SLC tracks station nearby, got my ticket, and miraculously hopped on the train in time. While on board, I happened to be behind a handful of Brazilians who had purchased their tickets right before me...So I spoke up and had a lovely conversation with them as we traveled to downtown. Oh my goodness how I loved it! 

When we arrived in Salt Lake, we parted our friendly ways....and I went to meet up with my friend Jean and his roommate to head in for the last session of conference.

 Any seat in this place is the best seat in the house....To be in the same room as the prophet and apostles of the Lord any time is such a treat.

So many inspiring words were spoken.

After the session, we walked around temple square to enjoy the weather and beauty that spring is bringing....

 ^^My two languages... <3

Pretty sure I got the temple from every angle. It is a BEAUTIFUL building surrounded by beautiful grounds.
 I just feel so happy and content.

Thought I would share a few of my favorite quotes (of many) from this weekends conference:

"Christlike love is the greatest need we have on this planet. Pure Christlike love flowing from true righteousness can change the world." -Jeffrey R. Holland

"In Gods plan, there are no true endings....Only everlasting beginnings." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf

"Even if everyone is doing it, wrong is never right.  Evil, error, and darkness will never be truth, even if popular." -Russell M. Nelson

"How much do we miss when we wait to see the rainbow without thanking God for the rain?" -Dieter F. Uchtdorf


I could seriously go on and on... For more, all the talks that were given are available to watch HERE or you soon the website will have them to read. I can't wait to be able to read them all again and get even more out of them!

Beijos!!



Comments

  1. love your chevron bag!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great quotes. And looks like you had a wonderful time with your parents. I love the outfit. It's what I call "modern classic."
    Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog -Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Chic Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures. Conference is what made me homesick, I'm fine now, but I wished a little but that I was there for it. It was a beautiful conference! And again- I love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You just made my day! Let me know if you're a new visitor or a new follower...I'd love to check out your blog! Hey, and I also speak Portuguese and a little Spanish! Beijos!!