Phone Diaries: Weekend Getaway

Quick...I mean so quick I blinked and it was over...Utah trip.

 Decided for a little change...crazy what cutting bangs can do to ones face. It makes me hair look completely different!!

 My beautiful mom.

 Got to play with these girls. We went to a piano club but didn't end up staying because our reservation wasn't saved...and we were hungry. We plan on going next time I go down. It seemed fun!  But we got cool stamps!
 We went to dinner and then sat in the hot tub... 

 Church was great. Our RS teacher challenged all of us to remember to do things that will help strengthen us spiritually throughout the week and gave us a string to "remember." I thought it was a fun idea and motivating to be better.

~~~~~~
Later...we stopped by Grandma and Grandpa's to visit before we headed home.
 I thought I would share some of my favorite things about their house. I have so many memories here...

 Grandpa told me that he bought this chandelier for him Mom and Dad and when they died he inherited it. It is over 60 years old. Isn't it gorgeous? Honestly, their house has been decorated the same for as long as I can remember. The only thing that has changed is the carpet only because the kids all insisted they get new carpet. I love everything about their house....It takes me back.....

 This was my grandma on her wedding day!

 Here is my sweet grandma today. Still as beautiful as ever...

 Discovered this old picture...the one second on the left is my momma.

 On the right is Grandpa's cabin... The next few pictures are whats inside. It is seriously the coolest little place.

 For those of you who know me know I love native American/western type/vintage style and decor. I LOVE everything about this little cabin and it's little treasures.


I wish the weekends wouldn't go by so fast....
xoxo

Comments

  1. I can totally smell their house just thinking about it. That old family picture in their bedroom is one of my favorites. Love that old pic you found of them in the snow. My mom's hair is so long!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You just made my day! Let me know if you're a new visitor or a new follower...I'd love to check out your blog! Hey, and I also speak Portuguese and a little Spanish! Beijos!!