1.20.2013

Simple Sunday

 Dress-Romy    Sweater-Consignment ($1 bin!)    Boots-Consignment (Frye)   Scarf-H&M   Glasses-AE

 Adding a cardigan, scarf, and cute boots winterizes perfectly a summer dress. 
 So I made a goal to not blow dry my hair at all and wash it only one or wtwo times a week. I've done that religiously since Thanksgiving! I finally feel like it's looking healthier. These are 2nd day curls and I was very pleased with how it looked today! I only had to touch up a few curls. Using a 1" curling iron the day before pretty curly and then today I just brushed through the curls and then added a couple curls here and there and vuala! Love the wave in it!  For those who want to know how I go 4-6 days in between washes...I use very little product. I put in arbon oil right when I get out of the shower and then let it air dry. I don't use hair spray and use a little tiny bit of dry shampoo if the roots get at all oily looking. But thats really only like the last couple days before I will wash it. I try not to use it too early or it gets gross sooner. Seems weird I know...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I just have one tender moment to share on this simple Sunday.  Friday I worked all day and just felt like it was a long day. My family was all up at my parents house and after work and everything, I just felt like being alone. I guess you could say I was in a bad mood. Well I walked in the house just planning on going down to the basement! My oldest nephew Preston was right at the door to give me a huge hug, then here comes running around the corner Sam who is 2 and yells, "Brrrannn!" and he jumps into my arms and gives me a huge hug. We walked around that corner and the minute Dane saw me (he's 4) he said, "Hi Aunt Brandi!" and he walked right over to give me a hug (he doesn't do this too often unless I beg him to!) Tanner who is 2 gave me his shy little smile and wanted me to pick him up so I did and he set his head on my shoulder for a minute then gave me a big kiss. I went over and picked up Lydia whom I can Didi, she's 9 months, and I'm not even kidding you, she squoze my shoulders with her little hands and kicked her legs. My mom asked me how my day was, my Dad made me a delicious hamburger. After that I wanted to do nothing but spend time with each of them. My whole mood changed. I was so grateful for all of them. I really needed that little pick me up. Later I told my mom the peace they all gave me and she said, "the Lord's peace works in mysterious ways." I definitely feel that he worked through these little ones to show me that I was loved. I realized that if no one else in the world knew me or cared about me, it wouldn't matter. Because I at least matter to these 10 people that were in my parents house that evening. The way they each hugged me, the way their faces lit up when they saw me, I felt important in their eyes. 

Today I am grateful to know that Heavenly Father loves me and I am so grateful for his light in my life! Even if that light is disguised as little crazy kids running around, I'm grateful for it. 

Boa Semana!!

3 comments:

  1. Love the scarf and you're hair looks amazing!

    Emily Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. frye boots are my fav!!
    I actually found your blog via instagram and commented on your photo of your $10 target boots.

    I too am a runner, thrifter, and mama.

    I TRY To be stylish.. and I'm certain your blog is going to help me!

    stop by and say hey if you get the chance.
    http://newbornmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad for social media...to make new friends!

      Delete

You just made my day! Let me know if you're a new visitor or a new follower...I'd love to check out your blog! Hey, and I also speak Portuguese and a little Spanish! Beijos!!