Helen Ilean Buckley


Wow...my grandma was so beautiful! She looks like a movie star!!

The day was beautiful, calm, and sunny....just as she was.

Dad and these guys have been friends since they were kids.

Mom and Grandma Holbrook.


Some of my dad's cousins whom I met for the first time. At least that I can remember.

My brother and his beautiful wife Angela.

I couldn't help but smile with these three guys.

There was a slight mist in the air and you could feel the warmth of the sun on your back. We all felt that that warmth was grandma. She brought warmth to all of our lives.....all the way to the pit of your stomach.


 I love him so much...


All the grandchildren including great grandchildren.

My grandma had style. Remember my boots from this POST. And I just love my cousin Mark in this picture. Those boys were always playing war or army or whatever they called it.

Both Grandma and Grandpa are together again. I know she missed him so much.

My dad was quite a hunk if I do say so myself.


 Our family has always been about family time. I remember so often having grandparents, cousins, aunts, and uncles over for barbeques, birthdays, and family get togethers. There are so many things I will miss about grandma. Her hugs that soaked to your bones, she always had the fridge stocked with everyones favorite beverages, her caring smile, her service to others, even to animals, her gentleness and kind voice, her pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, I could go on and on. 
At the service the closing hymn was "Oh my Father" I thought it was the perfect hymn and loved the last verse:

 "When I leave this frail existence,
When I lay this mortal by,
Father, Mother, may I meet you
In your royal courts on high?
Then at length, when I've completed
All you sent me forth to do,
With your mutual approbation
Let me come and dwell with you."

As I know I will miss grandma so much in this existence, I know that her calling on earth was completed. She came to earth and was able to do all that the Lord sent her here to do. I just want to tell my family that I love you all and was so grateful for the time I got to spend with you to celebrate Grandma Buckley's life. May we all live by her example.

Comments

Post a Comment

You just made my day! Let me know if you're a new visitor or a new follower...I'd love to check out your blog! Hey, and I also speak Portuguese and a little Spanish! Beijos!!