Giving Thanks

What a neat holiday to celebrate and be reminded of the things that we are and should be thankful for in our lives.

Here are a few pictures from the Buckley Thanksgiving...



Dad always carves the turkey...


I absolutely LOVE McKenna's wide leg velvet pants. She's always so cute!



Sam is 2 now...and during the prayer he kept saying, "Daddy, close your eyes." "Baby needs to close her eyes too." Such a fun age.

We feel so blessed to be able to have food on our plates to fill our bellies. I know that there are so many people out there that go without every day.


Everyone contributed something to our meal which I feel made it more special. It was DELICIOUS!


After dinner we all sat together and watched Brave...
 (or at least tried to for a little bit until the little kids attention span DIED....)


Then of course we had pumpkin pie to finish off our evening.


I am thankful for those in my life...
For my Dad who always jokes around just to see me smile.
For my Mom who is always thinking of others before herself.
For my sister Jen for being my friend
For my brother Trent who still making me feel like a kid.
For my Sister-in-law Angela who is another eternal sister of mine.
For my sister McKenna being my thrift buddy and for not being ashamed to tell me the truth.
For Preston's hugs.
For Dane's movie quoting.
For Tanner's tenderness when I give him a sad face and he strokes my hair.
For Sam's love that I can feel through his voice when he says "Bran..".
For Lydia's smile.
 I'm thankful to know that I have an Eternal family.

Also thankful for my close friends (you know who you are) and extended family. (which includes os Brasilieros!)

Lastly, I'm thankful to be a daughter of our Heavenly Father. I feel His presence in my life daily. I'm grateful for His light in my life.

I encourage all of you whether you celebrate Thanksgiving or not, to reflect on the things you're thankful for.  Sometimes we may feel like there is nothing good in our lives...but look at the sunset, take a walk, or run, or skip, or sing,  look across the room at someone you may know,  give a hug, smile at someone...and realize that there is soooo much, even the little things, to be thankful for.

Thanks for reading. I am thankful for all you who care to give a minute of your time just to enter a tidbit of my life.  It is a strength to me.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments