10.23.2012

Endurance Training

McCall and I went running tonight. We decided to do a shorter run because it was quite cold out.
41 degrees...
Cold hands, numb toes, eyes watering but honestly, I felt really good! We ran 2.13 miles at an 8:55 pace. My first mile I went 8:15 but then slowed down a bit during the next 1.13 miles.
Of course had to share a photo from our run...Despite the cold, it is still so beautiful out.

I feel my endurance getting better. McCall and I have been doing endurance training throughout the week that I know has helped. 


Here are 5 of my favorite endurance training exercises:
1. Running stairs: its brutal! We have been running 2 along with a distance run. We're working up to more!
2. 100 yard sprints: I have realized over time that holy cow, those muscles need to be build up again because every time I do sprints I feel the tightness and then get sore the next day from it.
3. Jump rope: Go for 2-5 minutes straight without stopping as jumping as fast as you can. Count your jumps if that helps. When you get good at this, try double jumps. 
4. Jumping jacks: Keep your arms mostly straight as you go up and back down, or try punching along with the jumps, it gives you a good arm workout!
5. Box Jumps: Be careful with these ones. You don't want to fall on your face. Practice with a shorter box starting out and as you get better you can get higher. I like to do a ladder with these. so do 15-12-10-8 or if thats too much go 10-8-6-4. Give a good minute to a minute and a half rest in between.

Always remember to watch your heart rate. You don't want to over do it!

Does anyone have some good endurance training exercises to share? If so, I always love new ideas!!

P.S. Got a new hat today. C/O McCall for my Birthday :) 


I'm obsessed. I have been wanting a floppy hat EXACTLY like this!

Oh and guess what! This is my 100th post! So do me a favor and go enter the Blue Bird Bride Giveaway!

 Beijos!! 

7 comments:

  1. I love that hat! I have been looking for something similar but the only one I liked was from Anthropologie for like $75 which is not gonna happen. Do you know where that one's from? It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gap 29.99 :) I know, I have been searching for one as well and was so happy to find this one!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the ideas! I'm training for my 3rd half marathon!
    work-it-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandi-- I recently started running again (I can't believe how out-of-shape I am) and now it's snowing! Any tips to keep the motivation up or inside replacement exercises? I can go walking in the mall. Should I buy a workout video? I don't have a treadmill. Should I buy warm running gear? What do you do? Are you a member of a gym?

    Love your blog! Love all your thrifted outfits. So cute! Wish I had the motivation to run stairs again.
    Jeanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea for a post. I will give some "winter workout tips" asap and let you know!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Brandi! I guess if we never see each other in the real world at least we can "see" each other in the virtual one. =)

      I did get up and run this morning. Sheesh it was cold. But it wasn't too bad by the end. I was stripping off my gloves and even my stocking cap. Any tips on the kinds of material/brands to wear in the cold?

      Delete
  4. I love that hat! I tried one on at forever21 just like that and didn't buy it. I've been so mad at myself ever since!

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day! Let me know if you're a new visitor or a new follower...I'd love to check out your blog! Hey, and I also speak Portuguese and a little Spanish! Beijos!!