McCall and I went running tonight. We decided to do a shorter run because it was quite cold out.
Cold hands, numb toes, eyes watering but honestly, I felt really good! We ran 2.13 miles at an 8:55 pace. My first mile I went 8:15 but then slowed down a bit during the next 1.13 miles.
Of course had to share a photo from our run...Despite the cold, it is still so beautiful out.
I feel my endurance getting better. McCall and I have been doing endurance training throughout the week that I know has helped.
Here are 5 of my favorite endurance training exercises:
1. Running stairs: its brutal! We have been running 2 along with a distance run. We're working up to more!
2. 100 yard sprints: I have realized over time that holy cow, those muscles need to be build up again because every time I do sprints I feel the tightness and then get sore the next day from it.
3. Jump rope: Go for 2-5 minutes straight without stopping as jumping as fast as you can. Count your jumps if that helps. When you get good at this, try double jumps.
4. Jumping jacks: Keep your arms mostly straight as you go up and back down, or try punching along with the jumps, it gives you a good arm workout!
5. Box Jumps: Be careful with these ones. You don't want to fall on your face. Practice with a shorter box starting out and as you get better you can get higher. I like to do a ladder with these. so do 15-12-10-8 or if thats too much go 10-8-6-4. Give a good minute to a minute and a half rest in between.
Always remember to watch your heart rate. You don't want to over do it!
Does anyone have some good endurance training exercises to share? If so, I always love new ideas!!
P.S. Got a new hat today. C/O McCall for my Birthday :)
I'm obsessed. I have been wanting a floppy hat EXACTLY like this!
Oh and guess what! This is my 100th post! So do me a favor and go enter the Blue Bird Bride Giveaway!