10 Daily Gut Busters
1. Eat eggs for breakfastA study in Nutrition Research found that people who egg it up consume fewer total calories the rest of the day.
2. Stand upStand up whenever you read or take a phone call at work. (You can also use a stand-up desk.) Standing burns 1 1/2 times more calories than sitting does.
3. Don't eat meals in front of the TVIn a University of Massachusetts study, people who did that took in nearly 300 more calories a day. Dang it...this is going to be a hard one for me.
4. Weigh yourself each weekThree out of four successful dieters do this, the American College of Sports Medicine Health and Fitness Journal reports. I don't love this one as much, but I can see how it could help you not let yourself go.
5. Have an appleAt lunch, have an apple instead of apple juice. Chewing triggers satiety, so you'll likely consume nearly 15 percent fewer calories, notes the journal Appetite.
6. Mix a shakeConsuming 55 grams of whey protein a day for 23 weeks can leave you 4 pounds lighter than if you'd eaten those calories in carbs, USDA scientists say. Does anyone have a favorite brand or type they like? Do share...
7. Put produce at eye level in your fridge/cupboardYou're 2.7 times more likely to eat healthy food if it's in your line of sight, say scientists at Cornell University.
8. Clean the housePeople with the most spic-and-span abodes have the highest levels of physical activity, research from Indiana University reveals.
9. Add chickpeas to soupToss a half cup of chickpeas into your next pot of winter soup. You'll tack 6 more grams of flab-fighting fiber onto your bottom line. Yum...I love chickpeas!
10. Drink skim milkGot milk? This ones an easy on for me. I love milk! So guys... Drinking 2 1/2 cups of skim milk in the a.m. instead of the calorie equivalent in juice can lower calorie consumption by 8.5 percent, says an Australian study.
These are so simple!!! Try some if not ALL of these this coming week...I know I'm going to!
Don't forget to enter the Giveaway for Junieblake. Its still open and will be until Monday!