Outfit #25/31//Learning to Dress for Your Body

  I put this outfit on feeling so incredibly good about it. And now I'll be completely honest, I got looking through these photos and started picking myself apart terribly. Something I maybe have never mentioned is I have gained a good amount of weight the past couple of years. This year I have really been trying to be better about taking care of my body and getting on a workout routine but also embrace my body for how it is and where it has come. One thing meant getting rid of all my smaller jeans and buying jeans that were my new size. I did that because every time I put on a pair of jeans that used to fit me but were now too tight, I would just rip myself apart and get so down on myself. That isn't fair to myself at all! Life happens, weight happens...It's not everything though! My point is, I got these photos back and realized this top is not flattering on me in every way. I am larger chested and do have some weight around my middle and this top with its mock neck and stripes accentuates my curves in all the wrong ways. I am a huge believer in wearing what you want! But I am also a huge believer in really learning what flatters your body. It's ok to wear what you want but it is also so so good to learn to dress for yourself and body type.  It is a trial and error thing and I am learning that I need to be more careful with crew neck tops or turtleneck styles. And I'm ok with it. Because I am learning to dress for myself and my body. And I am also trying to love myself no matter what my weight is. 

Outfit details:
Anthropologie Top (sold out style)
Denim (These are so so good.)
Adidas Sneakers (V Racer 2.0)


xoxo

Comments